Todays Dive - 1/5/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
A few from today's dive:-

plaice3.jpg

tompot4.jpg

velvet1.jpg

I laughed my a** off when I saw the second photo -- what kind of fish is that? Those buggy eyes, botox lips and Aristotle Onassis eyebrows sure made my day. And the alien vampire crab is a hoot, too. Nice shots, Chippy. Keep them coming.

He's a Tompot Blenny, they're really cute little fellas, and very inquizitive (sorry about the spelling)....the problem is, sometimes they get TOO close!

At the other end of the scale you have the Velvet Swimming Crab......nasty, vicious fellas...they ain't afraid of anything, even a big black rubber clad chap 100's of times there size!

EYE see you! Very nice, Chippy!

Damn awesome, I think I need a DSLR too.

How close were you to the subjects? what lens where you using?

lukeROB:
Damn awesome, I think I need a DSLR too.

How close were you to the subjects? what lens where you using?

O, pretty close, 6 inches or so!! They were all taken with a Nikon 60mm macro which has a very small minimum focussin distance.

Being picky, I think the middle one looks a little underexposed (?) - a problem with the 60mm macro is trying to get the lighting right when the subjects a couple of inches away from the lens port......I'm looking forward to next weekend when I should have my shiny new 105mm macro!!

Once the viz improves in a few months (it's still <3m) I should be able to start using both strobes again too.

marpacifica:
I laughed my a** off when I saw the second photo -- what kind of fish is that? Those buggy eyes, botox lips and Aristotle Onassis eyebrows sure made my day. And the alien vampire crab is a hoot, too. Nice shots, Chippy. Keep them coming.
Only the second one?? I about choked on my beer when the FIRST one loaded! I love em - thanks for posting them...it was a nice way to come back after a couple of days of total misery computer problem-wise!

Back
Top Bottom