Today susanne and I made ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• back-velocity-2.jpg-fw.jpg
    back-velocity-2.jpg-fw.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 163
Our Aerohance project is now able to overlay patterns and safety reflective red. Many years of research for Marine, cars and Planes. Saving C02 on a real level. Found this drawing otlining flow. (copyright Bob Evans Designs Inc.) AeroHance GasPods Project – Be Atmospheric

Attachments

• 20200707_164013.jpg-fw.jpg
    20200707_164013.jpg-fw.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 91
  • patent-basis036-fw.jpg
    patent-basis036-fw.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 89
Haven't those been around for many years? I remember kids putting those on their cars when I was about 16. I always assumed it was just a gimmick, though.

Haven't those been around for many years? I remember kids putting those on their cars when I was about 16. I always assumed it was just a gimmick, though.
Kelemvor, Funny I still hear the same thing about my Force Fins..Just a GIMMICK. Thank you for allowing me to share more on REAL results. Need some time to pull images and thoughts, working right now with the the Santa Barbara Martime Museum on a online of Exhibits. Our work with Harvesting mussels from the Santa Barbara Channel Oil Rigs and canning them under a Federal Grant 1974. Be back in touch. Our investment in AeroHance is now over $230,000, and have sold thousands with good results..but more later, Thanks Bob

Attachments

• can-mussels-fw.jpg
    can-mussels-fw.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 88
Might just jump in with what we have learned.

I have dedicated my life to making products that help people move freely and efficiently underwater. I have discovered a lot about fluid dynamics over the years.

I had been working on some new product shapes, inspired by whale tubercles, for some of my Force Fin design. “Whale tubercles” are the knobs or nodules predominant on the body of humpback whales. Similar adaptations exist on many marine animals, such as lobsters.

Somewhere around 25 or 30 years ago, I told my marine biologist friends that these bumps were similar to vortex generators, and helped accelerate water flowing past the large surface area of the whale’s body. At the time, they disagreed and insisted they were related to feeding behavior. Others now participating in the trend of design by bio-mimicry, of which I was a modern day pioneer, have proven me right.

How objects respond to air flow is very similar to fluid flow. I decided to super glue some of these lift generating shapes, aerodynamic prototypes for GasPods onto the roof of our old Volvo station wagon to see what might happen.

I was doing a lot of driving back and forth between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles to help my father. As that was where my mind was during these drives, I forgot all about the GasPod prototypes super glued to the car roof.

*Over a 2 year period, I was driving an average 500 miles per week. I always returned to Santa Barbara with between a 1/4 and 1/2 tank of gas in reserve. After putting the GasPod prototypes on the car, I got home with more than 1/2 tank. That had never happened before.

I said, “Holy Moly,” not exactly, but some words with a very similar exclamatory meaning, “GasPods work at saving fuel!”

And, that is how The GasPod Project came to be. Jean Michel Cousteau Is Atmospheric – AeroHance GasPods Project

Next I like to cover what I have learned from other products that Claim to help save fuel. Some many are just Grimmicks...

Attachments

• bob.jpg
    bob.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 81
Working with a local Produce Company The BerryMan The Berry Man, Inc. – The Largest Produce Distributor on Tthe Central Coast we were able to collect data for several years. Working with Rick(first picture) and Mario on the base line (without Pods) I was able to record how the side skirt on Mario truck and Ricks did without a skirt Quess what? Could not tell any difference between the two..Yes the EPA say a skirt makes a truck more Aerodynamic, but does it save you money in fuel savings. NO.! We were able to see 2.75 to 3 % Kind of boils down to savings on 10,000 miles is 38 gallons and reduction of 850 LBS of C02. To be honest their were times I was so disappointed when Rick or Mario milage results..... got caught in traffic, Super Rain or extra coastal winds. Each Saturday morning at 6:00 am I was waiting to gather their numbers. We became good firends over a year in a half of testing. AeroHance did end up with a contract to Pod 48 of their trucks in Oxnard, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo. Anyone like to join our efforts. AeroHance GasPods Project – Be Atmospheric

Attachments

• IMG_2648-fw.jpg
    IMG_2648-fw.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 78
  • mario-10-5-2019-1-fw.jpg
    mario-10-5-2019-1-fw.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2350-fw.jpg
    IMG_2350-fw.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_0445.jpg-fw.jpg
    DSC_0445.jpg-fw.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 81
Looking at Aerodynamic products we first saw Airtabs. A horse shoe looking design which spins the air into two vortex streams. You do see them on many truck cabs. Glue on plastic. Then you have a barn door device which has to bolted to trailer and open and closed during operations. The you see the side skirt of different designs. Some have been bolted to the back half of the trailer. Like I said the proof is in the pudding. Nice to be more Aerodynamic, but does it save you $. We Do. I think weight is a big factor and our Pods being made now from shoe sole waste weight almost nothing. I found a picture of our Volvo and the first pod job. This was the first test in which I saw major fuel savings, like a extra 4 miles more at 65MPH. aerohance.com

Attachments

• DSC_0134-fw.jpg
    DSC_0134-fw.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 74
  • truck-skirt-1-fw.jpg
    truck-skirt-1-fw.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 71
  • truck_1-fw.jpg
    truck_1-fw.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1517-fw.jpg
    IMG_1517-fw.jpg