Tobermory Shore Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess I missed it on my one and only (*sob*) dive on the Arabia...

I'd love to go with you guys! But I just started a new job a few months ago and don't think they'd be too happy if I took time off so soon... :(

Ber Rabbit:
They did a really good job. My hubby had dove her before the work was done so he was able to see the difference.

Have you seen the plaque/stone marker (whatever it is) on the Arabia? Dan Orr and the Wright State University divers put that down there (that's where I teach scuba). Hubby didn't dive that weekend with them but knows the people who put it down. He really wants to get a picture to send to Dan so he can see what it looks like after all these years.
Ber :lilbunny:

From last September:

arabia-07.jpg

Wow! Great vis! Thanks for posting the pic, she doesn't look nearly as creepy as the Forest City. When were you up there? We headed home the Saturday of Labor Day weekend.

Ber Rabbit:
Wow! Great vis! Thanks for posting the pic, she doesn't look nearly as creepy as the Forest City. When were you up there? We headed home the Saturday of Labor Day weekend.

dang, i always found the Arabia more creepy than the Forrest City, Arabia normally has worse vis and felt really deep (which it isn't) where as the FC is deep and had better vis so not as creepy...

Ber Rabbit:

Sorry, I lied. The shot was actually from last August (just before Labour day, so it was almost September). The visibility was fairly decent as I recall, but there was still a bit of stuff floating around in the water.

As for the Forest City, it is a deeper wreck, and I tend to think the FC is a bit more eerie of a wreck. Here is the stern of the FC at about 150 feet.

forest-city-04.jpg

Awesome shot! Your visibility was definitely better than ours, we tried shot like that from the other side of the boilers and it was pitch black!

Toby was my playground in the early/mid 90's. As a result I was always on air on both wrecks so maybe being narced had the effect of not making me feel the FC was as creepy, then again never thought the Duffrin Wall was either when I was determined to get to the bottom of it...

We were cruising the side of the Forest City and looking at the "swoop" when I started getting really disoriented. Had to get over the deck to get my head back together and figure out which way was up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom