To unlock or not to unlock VPM-B on perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost Diver #

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
so I’ve been diving using and adjusting GF’s on my perdix, I was wondering how many of you have paid for and unlocked the VPM-B deco software on their shearwaters? Doing so for me, would mean double the price since I dive with 2 perdix computers and I was wondering, if those who have switched have notice any difference in any aspect? This is simply curiosity at this point and I understand you can get the same, or close to the same profile by adjusting your GF’s using the Bühlmann model.

Thanks!
Happy and safe diving

My tech instructor mandated we all use the same, and so it was VPM on my Petrel1.... Since class, I have switched back. I just got a Pedrix AI. No plans right now to use VPM (maybe I might).

Honestly, that cost is insignificant in the big picture... (even x2)

The only reason to unlock it is if you intend to use it..... Many are leaning away from VPM (lets not go there please).

YMMV

Hello, I was asking about Bubble Models a few weeks ago and received many useful answers.

You might possibly want to look this up:

Rise and Fall of the Bubble (Model) ?

:)

You might possibly want to look this up:
Rise and Fall of the Bubble (Model) ?

OP: The tl;dr of the above thread, and similar ones over the past several years, is that bubble models as currently implemented by VPM seem to be the wrong approach. I certainly wouldn't spend any money to unlock it, and I wouldn't use it if I had it.

Oh boy you are going to start world war III. Latest info I have seen is no. Bubble models are not as safe as Buhlman, etc..models. Bring on the fireworks.

In theory I could unlock VPM on all 3 of my shearwater products. (2x petrels and a predator). I don't have any reason to spend that money on unlock codes though. If I want to know what the VPM vs GF-buhlmann difference is I can look it up on multideco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom