To dry glove or to not to dry glove-- that is the question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove cold/wet for one season and will never do it again. I also use the Diving Concepts gloves.

It is my personal opinion that it is important, if you use dry gloves, to retain the seals on the suit. Otherwise, a leaking or torn glove is going to flood your dry suit, and that is a very bad thing. Having been sloppy one day about making sure my wrist seals were flat, and having a glove choose that day to leak, I know what I'm talking about.

I agree 100%. I would also suggest that if you decide to go dry, and leave the wrist seals in place, that you use something to vent air/argon between your gloves and the suit. If you don't, you'll end up with Mickey Mouse hands during a dive. I use a 5-6 cm long piece of 3mil para-cord tucked between my wrists and the wrist seals. I used to use the thumb loops of my undergarment, but quickly realized that my suit would collect water if there was a glove failure. With the cordage in place, I can easily pull the pieces back into my gloves, which then seals my suit from water.

Back
Top Bottom