To dive or not to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luv2dive

Reaction score
Just wondering what you would do if you were about to make a dive and on your predive check you find that your primary regulator in not performing properly. Would you use your octo as your primary and proceed with the dive or abort?

Originally posted by noshow
abort, abort, abort...

ditto, ditto, ditto

Think about it, ....It's an under water life suport system that is failing ! Whats to question ?

Abort....unless you want to thin out the gene pool!

OK, I'm different. I'd make the dive. I keep an extra regulator in my gear bag.

Walter, that's cheating!

Okay, having a spare regulator is smart, if you own more than one, but it does sidestep the question.

I'm doing my very best to be the devil's advocate, just out of cussedness, but I can't think of any circumstance where I would get into the water with a malfunctioning reg. In a rescue situation, chances are I'd end up being another victim. In any other situation, I just wouldn't do it. I'm too keen on breathing!

Zept

I would just switch regs with my buddy when he wasn't looking but hey that is just me....he he he

Chad

Originally posted by Zept
Walter, that's cheating! ...

Inventive thinking though.... Sure if you have a spare, switch. But I dare say, the majority of us do not have a spare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom