Tls350: is it normal to see tiny specks on light passing through material

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mtbr

Contributor
Reaction score
Dui,

I have a tls350. When I press a flash light head against the inside material and turn on the light. I could see certain areas where tiny ( and I mean tiny ) specks of light shine through from the outside. Those spots does not appear to be leaking. Is the is normal on a relatively new suit that has not been punctured?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
They're called "pin holes." If the suit is not leaking you don't have a problem. If it is, and if it starts leaking badly, get it back to DUI. Also, check with DUI to make sure your suit hasn't been recalled.

I had one that had hundreds of pin holes over a span of 2-3 years. DUI denied any issues at first but later replaced the entire suit (I went to the CF 250). Hate to tell you how many nights I spent in a dark room with a light and piece of chalk identifying the holes. When it was replaced the inside basically had been resealed with Aquaseal from the years of patching.

Hi Mtbr -

This is Kathy Long with DUI. The light that you are seeing is a natural occurrence in the butyl rubber layer. Just as you experienced, it does not - and will not - create any leaks through the material.

As always, DUI has a 7-year warranty against defects in the material and workmanship therefore if it did become an issue, DUI would take care of it.

Thanks!

Ripley - Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate your comment.

Kathy - I appreciate your explanation. It's reassuring to know that DUI stands behind their product and put their customers first. For those who are reading this post, DUI made a replacement suit for me when my TLS Signature Series didn't quite fit the way I like.

Good customer service is all about bringing customers back. And about sending them away happy, happy enough to pass positive feedback about DUI along to others, who may then try their products. Thanks again for going above and beyond the call of duty in providing excellent customer support!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom