TLS350....hell of a deal but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BGF

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
so the TLS350 that I bought (quoted as a stock L, fits well to 6'1 210) arrived today. Did I mention it was a hell of a deal. Includes 2 sets of DUI undergarments, fleece and thinsulate; 7mm hood and gloves. Hell of a deal, and is my 1st drysuit. I'm 6' 180 ish and thought it may be just a little big but would give me flexability.

Turns out it's really an XL. By pulling it out of the box and looking at it I thought it was HUGE. I tried it on, and actually was happy to see that it's not a swimming pool.
Undergarments fit well, but the suit is definitely big. From the dread of getting an amazing deal but then not fitting into the suit :(, to thinking it's not a lost cause :D, I'm now thinking about the issues of diving with an oversized suit.

I've been told by everyone that the fit of a drysuit is crucial. I'm planning to hit a pool tomorrow eve to test the seals, and I'll maybe need to post some pics of me in it, but am wanting to get your thoughts and feedback. What are the immediate disadvantages of it being a bit too big?

Define to big, like being to long or too much waist or too large in arms ECT, best thing you can do go to pool, with all your under garments on being care full not to over heat and try it. Have someone there with you to take look and take some pictures.

I think if it's too big, it will require more air to equalize, and so it will be a bit tougher to manage the larger and more diffuse "air bubble", especially as you ascend and need to vent efficiently from the suit. I'd particularly worry if the boots are too big. Big boots + excess air = feet popping out of the boots, or a more serious feet-first ascent.

Still, too big is probably better than too small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom