TL Condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was there this afternoon. Vis is 5 foot at best. Still can dive without a wetsuit. No major thermocline..temp remains constant to the bottom. Found a couple of spots were I could still detect a thermocline....closer to center of lake. Vis very bad below 35 '. Was testing a canister light and could only see about 2 feet below 35' even with a 50 watt halogen.

ebj:
Was there this afternoon. Vis is 5 foot at best. Still can dive without a wetsuit. No major thermocline..temp remains constant to the bottom. Found a couple of spots were I could still detect a thermocline....closer to center of lake. Vis very bad below 35 '. Was testing a canister light and could only see about 2 feet below 35' even with a 50 watt halogen.

I live real close to the lake but haven't been by 'cause I can't get wet for a few more weeks. Last I heard the water level was down.....I wonder if the water table source is way down also. I wonder if no thermocline could indicate that the spring fed lake isn't feeding at the moment. It's been pretty dry around here lately.

Regards,

We haven't been there in 3 weeks but the water was very low, the dock ropes had to be let out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom