For Sale "Titanium" backplate and STA from AliExpress, $50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWombat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Brand new, never used, titanium backplate and single tank adapter for sale. I recently purchased it from AliExpress from a store called "inwater is calling". If you search AliExpress for "titanium backplate", you will find many stores selling these items.

Backplate weight is 1240 grams (2.73 lbs)
STA weight is 195 grams (0.43 lbs)

Backplate was $129.27
STA was $42.37
My shipping cost from Asia was $56.75
My total was $238.16

All yours for $135. Buyer pays shipping from California and any fees from PayPal, etc.

March 28, 2024 edit: new price $50. See updated photos later in the thread.

Attachments

• ti_backplate_and_sta.jpg
    ti_backplate_and_sta.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 205
So is it actually titanium or just colored aluminum

It doesn't feel like aluminum to me, but I don't have anything to compare it with. I certainly can't guarantee it's actually titanium. I only know that's what AliExpress sold, and I'm sure they wouldn't lie... :crafty:

I’m not going to disassemble my BP&W to weigh it but I know for a fact my Helium Dive Gear titanium backplate is well under two pounds and it is only 2mm think.
AliExpress says theirs is 3mm, so the weight seems about right for titanium. They also describe theirs as "titanium alloy,"

I'm no expert, but when I think about colored aluminum I think of paint or anodizing. This backplate is definitely not painted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom