Titanic tourist sub goes missing sparking search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So this brings up a question - how many full-depth test dives were conducted before the repair/replacement of the carbon-fiber hull? From Wikipedia it sounds like they did 13 dives on Titanic afterwards (not sure if those were all dives that made it to the wreck or if they count aborted dives). If the hull showed significant fatigue after a limited number of dives, that should have been a giant red flag.

I think that we can all agree that there are too many guesses, assumptions, opinions, feelings, hunches, hearsay, second hand intel, 5 years old information, Wikipedia stuff (since when is it considered flawless) and very few proven and updated facts around here to really determine what happened. Only the investigation from the Canadian authorities will give us that.

Would the scan of the carbon fiber have picked up the screw holes where they screwed the monitor into the hull?
Look more closely at the picture of the meme.

It appears to be screwed into the insulation behind the perforated sheet that holds the insulation in place.

Here you can read a recent scientific paper describing the mechanics of implosion of a spherical bathyscaphe and the resulting shock wave propagating around and damaging other structures:
In this folder you find also a number of PDF documents related to the Titan submersible and providing info and technical specs.

Here is a Vimeo link to a video made by the BBC on a previous Titan trip to the Titanic.

In some of the video on the wreck, there are 2 green dots...
Is there a laser range finder?
Or just a laser to help show the direction

Under the floor there doesn’t seem to be enough space for tanks and/or rebreather equipment. Looks like a gaming console under the floor.

1687721719207.jpeg

As if it wasn’t bad enough that he used carbon fiber now someone is saying that the material was bought at a discount from Boeing because the use by date had come and gone? WTF was this guy and his enablers thinking?
I remember when Boeing surplused a bunch of carbon fiber.

According to Wikipedia, ISO (metric), NPT and UTS (UNF, UNC) are 60°.
Withworth and British Standard (BS) are 55°:

We usually refer to this as a Gas thread.
The DIN thread for regulators is G 5/8" BSP, so it has a 55° angle.

I apologize for the wrong information I posted earlier.
I corrected my previous post.

Sorry, I just reread that and realize the BS was a poor choice for several reasons.

That BS wasn’t for British standard, it was meant as bovine excrement

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom