Titanic tourist sub goes missing sparking search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now I really don't get how did we get from a cheapskate, lying (ach sorry, only poor people are lying, he was "charismatic") CEO and his magical thrash can submarine submersible to arguing who defeated Germans.

And on the Titan topic:

1687630615316.png

Now I really don't get how did we get from a cheapskate, lying (ach sorry, only poor people are lying, he was "charismatic") CEO and his magical thrash can submarine submersible to arguing who defeated Germans.

And on the Titan topic:

View attachment 789333
No argument, only clarification.

I know I shouldn't feed the trolls but your original post insinuated that there was no need for engineers in the USA because nothing is "designed or manufactured" here. That's both wrong and rude. Just from my own experience as a design engineer, I worked for Jabra as a start-up in the US, which was then acquired by a Danish company, and for Ultimate Ears as a start-up in the US, which was then acquired by a Swiss company. All of the products for the first few years of these companies were designed in the US and some are still made here.

To imply that all the US now designs is defense-related from where you are sitting is tone deaf in the extreme.
Agreed - tons of stuff is designed and engineered in the US. It’s, unfortunately, the manufacturing outsourcing that is a big problem and makes us vulnerable in many ways.

Try to stay on topic please.

I wonder how long it will be before some enterprising individual offers tourist rides to see the wreck of the Titan Sub.

If only you'd used Bar.

Volume -- use your 785 cubic feet -- at 1 Bar (=ATA) pressurised to 400 Bar = 785/400=1.9625 CF.

Now I wonder what the temperature of that would be...
Throwing that into a calculator, the temperature would be raised from 10C / 40F to 1295C / 2363F

Not only are they instantly crushed, but they're incinerated too :(

That steam release and subsequent condensation would not help things - explosion?
Add some oxygen tanks and I am sure there was some kinda fuel.
You will have a diesel engine..

Not to be gross or in sensitive,
But would there be anything left of the passengers to find?

On a different tangent, one thing that has been bothering me is how did a private party like Jim Cameron (albeit a well connected one), learn about the SOSUS report of the implosion within a few hours of the accident? I suspect that report would have been classified at the time and I wouldn't imagine Cameron would have a security clearance (I could be wrong).

Sounds like it might have been another case of someone in the intelligence community sharing intel to impress their pals. (Hoping to keep this apolitical).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom