Titanic tourist sub goes missing sparking search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just think it's really low rent to call people stupid after an accident. Especially, when that's the only thing they have to say.

A 19 year old died in a accident... how funny, hahaha, lets have a bunch of losers make a bunch of memes and laugh at the victims for entertainment. 🙄
Read carefully. Nobody called anybody stupid.

And nobody's laughing.

Loss of life is bad. Loss of life in trivial pursuit, easily prevented, even more so.

But, if somebody picks a toy product that can be easily obtained at a store like Best Buy or Walmart, and uses it as a critical part of a control system in a vehicle they intend to take into one of the harshest environments on the planet's surface, just because it's there and quick to obtain because they don't want to test it to the same standards - say, like parts for a training aircraft would be - and because it's cheap, or because they didn't care to do things more cautiously or deliberately, that should raise the suspicions of a prudent man that things may not be well thought out or implemented. [Not speculating that the game controller was a causal or contributing factor in the incident - just that its use should likely have given reason for pause].

I am blown away at the amount of hate that has come pouring out for people that tend to make light of the situation. If Elon Musk strapped himself to a rocket to go to Mars and dies on takeoff is it tragic? Not really, he made a choice and some of us would find it ironic, funny even. This was so far beyond your typical "sea voyage". If anyone wasn't fully aware (or maybe lied to) about the dangers of this trip then shame on them for being so naïve. The billionaire could have probably searched his couch and found enough coin to do his own safety testing and not given it a second thought. They didn't become wealthy by walking blindly through life.

I feel bad for the 19 year old. At 19 I would have absolutely done something dumb like this if given the opportunity (especially with my dad) and had no idea what I was getting myself into. Everyone else that jumped in that tin can (as smart as they were) had to know there was a pretty good chance things could go wrong.

2.36 miles down
12,500' deep
~ 378 atmospheric pressures
~ 5,568 psi

Why no massive coverage of this:

2023 Statistics: An estimated 600 people summited the world's highest peak, including 350 Sherpas supporting 250 clients. Records were set as well, including Kami Rita Sherpa summiting Everest for the twenty-eighth time. However, 13 climbers and Sherpas have been confirmed dead, with another 4 missing and presumed dead.

My guess is the CEO was charismatic and able to instill false confidence.
I don't know about false confidence
He seems very convinced...

There multiple videos of them reading the waver out loud, and saying where do I sign up...

It is quite clear it is experimental.

If someone reads that, and they made a choice to go.
I have no problems with that, and they should not be able to sue.

From the sounds of it joystick has nothing to do with something imploding,
Seems the whole electrical system could fail and there are at least 2 ways to surface,
The more video I see, of the unit and docking barge, I am quite impressed.

The carbon fiber and glue on ends is what scares me!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom