Titan LX question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tac747

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a question about regulators. I was recently certified OW am looking to get my own gear. A lot of posts say to rent gear for the first year which normally would be fine but my plan is 100 to 150 dives a year + AOW, + specialty courses + rescue diver ( I want to learn as much as I can and like everybody says the best way to learn is practice) and in my opinion renting that much would be a huge waste of money. My question. Is the atomic B2 really worth $300 more than the Titan LX or the Legend. The LDS says yes and the Titan is entry level. With my schedule I would soon out grow it. I will save my BC / BPW question for the correct forum

Any help would be greatly appreciated

PS. Most of my diving will be California coast, Monterey area

Thanks Tac

Tac, my husband and I bought Titans as our first regs . . . and we still use them, six years later. They've been down to 130 feet, in warm water and in cold. I still think they were a very good choice, and I don't think there is anything wrong with buying them. I felt no need to "upgrade".

I sell and own all three.

Dollar for Dollar the Titan LX is the unmistakable winner.
Don't confuse the Titan for the Titan LX.

The Legend has the most adjustability and best hose routing.

The aqualung dry seal is much more appreciated than the Atomic's fill it with Crisco approach for me.

The Atomic is by far the smoothest breather.

The Legend is the one I dive the most and seem to prefer. I have to be honest however the reason it is my favorite is the internal mechanics and hose routing.

There is not a single dive I do that I would not be comfortable using any of them.
If you have the Titan LX now, then relax and dive it until you retire, cause it will outlast your diving career if you want it too.

Adjusted correctly you will not be able to out breathe any of them, even doubled up on the Titan LX and breathing hard it will provide all the air you'll need.

Thanks for the info. I guess it really is best to go with your gut sometimes instead of trying to overthink things to much.

I have the Legend LX and I love it. I also have quite a few dives on the Titan LX. I would be very happy with either one!!

Does the Titan LX have the same first stage as the Mikron?? They look similar in size and was wondering because this would make it an amazing travel reg.

The 2011 production now use the same first stage as the mikron, the older units do not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom