Tired of this pair of tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Ana
I didn't consider it "showing off" more a plea for help !

i was under the impression you were, as my wife and i as well many of of our California friends, over burdened with old obsolete dive equipment that needed a new home

I attempted to provide a small amount of advise for disposal; based on many years of combined experience
as well as the professional advise of my wife Dr. Betty Miller

Nothing more nothing less
SDM

Reactions: Ana
I have a Nemrod Snark III, which I bought used back in 1977. I used it for about 12 years, both recreational and "professional" diving. The pro diving was mostly working on racing sailboats to prep for races, or to change props or zincs. Having the exhaust behind my head was great, a single hose regulator just pushed bubbles in front of my face when I was upside down.

I used the regulator down to about 90 feet, no issues with air flow at any time.
The last time I used the regulator was around 1987, I had replaced the flap valve once during those years, which made the regulator breathe a little easier.

All of my diving with this reg was in Puget Sound, it works great in cold water.

Looking at the hoses, I'm not sure that they're up for current use. In fact, if anyone wants this regulator, it's "As-Is" with no assurance as to viability.

That said, it's free to anyone who wants it, I'll even pay for shipping to a US address. I only ask that you make a donation to something that you love in exchange. You can reach me here (I'm not a frequent visitor), or just call me at 202.999.2465.
Marc Ness

My wife and I have tried to enforce a 10 Year rule. Anything that falls into certain categories that is not used in ten years gets given away or dumped. I had to Veto the rule to save some of my RC planes and move them to a storage room that her company rents. If we did not have this rule we would be walking over piles of stuff in the house. We both accumulate a lot of items from our separate hobbies.

My wife and I have tried to enforce a 10 Year rule. Anything that falls into certain categories that is not used in ten years gets given away or dumped. I had to Veto the rule to save some of my RC planes and move them to a storage room that her company rents. If we did not have this rule we would be walking over piles of stuff in the house. We both accumulate a lot of items from our separate hobbies.

Both my husband and I are very good at getting rid of stuff. We don't eve wait 10 years, in a year or 2 if the item is not being useful is out to either the goodwill pile, or to the curb on a Friday in the hopes that someone will pick it up before the Tuesday garbage pick up.
The problem is dive gear, somehow for us DIVE gear is not stuff. Fortunately we are working on taking away the deity status but is not happening fast enough.
I think is because when we started young and very broke, just putting together a full set took a lot of time and effort. It was years diving with old sneakers before I purchase booties. My husband still has the very 1st reg he purchase. So later even if we had the ability to buy more, the thought of getting rid of anything diving was just blasphemy. So now we have gear that we won't use and doesn't provide ANY satisfaction, just living rent free in our place.

if theres any healthways deluxe double hose regs in that box i may be interested

Check the pictures up this thread, posts #29 to 32

That’s a lot of great looking gear,I’m sure you will have lots of interest and getting rid of your gear

Oh! This thread is still alive. :) Ana/Zieg:

I would be interested in any double hose reg that is easily maintained by the user (me) and hoses that aren't overly dry rotted.

I'm not looking for anything 'classic', just something to get the bubbles out of my face on certain easy dives. (I don't care how the reg breathes when I'm inverted, etc. I have other regs that do that incredibly well.)

The only problem that I can see is that all my tanks are DIN.

Edit:
I started another thread for discussions of the ins-and-outs of various double hose regs so that I don't inadvertently hijack this thread. Please post such discussions here: Want to Buy - User serviceable double-hose regulator and hoses ADVICE?

Some of that gear that Ana has would look really nice if it was re-chromed and put in a dive store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom