Tired of the same old thing while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same old thing? I think you're diving in the wrong place. :wink:

Blasphemy!!! I never get tired of diving...Maybe tired WHILE diving, but I'm not getting any younger. :) Interesting vid...

Tired of diving in the water - never.

Out of the water is another story.

Having trouble viewing videos lately, but yes, I would like some more variety in my diving. The sites near me in NS are fine, but I've dived them many times. Same when I'm in the NYC area in mid-summer and N. Gulf of Mex. 3 months in winter. I've only dived the Caribe. once (Panama a week) and would like to do much more of that. Maybe at some point when my wallet agrees. 'Til then I'll just keep diving.

Nice video. Going to Ansell Point might solve the problem however. :)

I'm not prone to boredom but some divers I know are. The usual cure for this is taking more courses, diving deeper, in wrecks or caves, or trying sidemount or rebreathers...

We are blessed to be able to dive week in and week out and sometimes people get tired of doing the same old sites but aren't interested in those pursuits. I cured the blahs a couple of years ago by getting into videography. Now I don't care where I dive as long as there is some sort of subject to record. Even if the subject is mundane I work at different aspects of video, trying to develop camera angles and techniques.

For those who aren't into photo/videography, interest or cost wise, underwater drawing seems like a cheap, neat way to add a sense of purpose to your diving and a great way to work on buoyancy skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom