TIR on Oct 24, Water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I spent two weeks at TIR (then Turneffe Island Lodge) summer before last, late June into July. Had a wonderful time and will almost certainly go back next summer.

My memory's a little fuzzy at this point, but I recall the water temperature being consistently in the low 80's. I was the only one of typically 10 to 12 divers to use a 2mm shorty, and sometimes I skipped it altogether and just dove in my bathing suit and t-shirt. Everyone else, including my wife, used at least a full 3mm suit and looked at me like I was crazy. I remember thinking, "How can so many people be so wrong?" :D

Say hi to Jason and Karen (then brand new Assistant Managers now Managers) and Brad and Marcel (dive master and boat captain but they rotate jobs each week) for me. Great people.

You'll have a blast. A bit of advice: go easy on the deserts. The food there is fantastic, and there's plenty of it. By the end of the first week I realized I was starting to pick up a few pounds, so I had to cut back. Otherwise, they would have had to roll me on and off the boat by the end of my stay.

Last edited:
Last week the water was 86F around San Pedro, but the first cold front of the season blew in at the end of the week and on Saturday my computer showed 84F. I suspect that it is a changing situation right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom