TIR on Oct 24, Water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My computer registered 86F @ 60' this afternoon and d same 2nite. Cold fronts don't start till November so u can expect the same when u get here. Sometimes you get a cold (70 - 80) thermocline on the surface after a rain but once you get past the first 5' you are in warm water. Enjoy your stay in Belize.

Thank you very much. Looks like a shorty for me (if anything). Wife MAY use a 3 or just her shorty and beanie. Can't wait until the 24th to get to go..............

I dived all around Lighthouse, including in the Blue Hole, yesterday in just rashguard and shorts. Never came close to feeling cold. Water temps were around 87f. I would have preferred it cooler though, as the coral was everywhere showing severe signs of stress - much bleaching. Nothing like the brilliant colours I saw there when I last dived it some months back.

Shorty is fine especially for multiple dives. I tend to get cold towards the end of the last dive. I also recommend you bring a light rain jacket and long sleeve shirt for the boat ride. You might end up using one of them more than once. Currently I only dive once in a while and it's just shorts and long sleeve rash guard. I had upgraded to a full length 3/2 and when I used to work as DM. I even sported a 5mm Scubapro Steamer during cold front season in my later years.

Since I will be there 2 weeks I will wear a shortie maybe. Did 2 weeks east end Grand Cayman in July, temps about 85 and nothing but shorts and rashguard. Wife wore her beanie because she gets cold easier than me. We have a couple of "packable" rain jackets that stay as part of our dive kit.

Sorry dude, we are currently experiencing our first cold front for the season; however, I do not expect the sea temp to drop down drastically by the time you get here. I am looking out my window right now. The wind is blowing, the waves are lashing on the beach and I am glad to have a desk job at the moment. I may hit the water tomorrow though. The bad part is that the water is still warm but when you pop out you start freezing in the wind. Definitely bring a long sleeve shirt for the boat ride after the dive. Enjoy your vacation.

I am looking out my window at rain and about 50 degrees and wind................... I am about half packed and ready to go. Supposed to be in the mid 30's when I leave here Saturday.

Did 2 discover scuba classes today. Water is still 86F. The air was in the low 70s and it was torture getting out of the water in the NW blowing today. Even though we were on the leeward side the air was still chilly. I decided to leave my wetsuit in the shop (didn't want to scare the guests) and did it with shorts only and saved my rash guard & T-shirt for after the dives. I survived.

I use a dive skin that's deceptively warm out of the water. It's furry lined, and even on a boat after a night dive I'm usually comfortable. But the air really has been bitter the past couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom