Tips needed from Trinidad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there,
We had a big trip planned that has (due to covid) fallen apart, and are now looking for a last-minute option for diving "near" Trinidad.

We will be flying in and out of Trinidad, and want to travel to 1 or 2 other islands for diving (and some nature and rum). I'm looking at Barbados, Grenada, Guadeloupe.

Any suggestions or experiences? Where we go from Trinidad will very much depend on what diving we can do.

Thanks in advance!
I'm currently at work with a guy from Trinidad. He says go to Grenada. Says it's beautiful and the people are friendly. Nice beaches and clear water.

He also says get doubles while in Trinidad. Eat them fresh at the stand don't take them to go. And from personal experience medium pepper is about the most non-trinnis can handle. If you like heat try heavy pepper but be careful. Also the doubles from the south of Trinidad are supposed to be the best... But he is from the south.

Tobago! - I’m from Trinidad and Tobago and can point you in the right direction (I just dove Tobago’s East coast in March).
I’m diving Barbados in July for the first time. Grenada is also a fantastic option.

Back
Top Bottom