Tips for putting on a wet wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

socaljohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any tips for putting on a wet wetsuit. Like if you are diving in the morning and then later in the afternoon and the wetsuit has not had a chance to dry. Or even part way off if you need to use the head. I saw some Trislide silicon spray solution on line anyone tried it?

Lycra for sure. Or baby powder. I like Lycra.

Sent from my DROID X2

A wet wetsuit is much easier to put on than a dry one.

A plastic shopping bag will do wonders... with sliding through the wetsuit. Well it will help your feet and hands slide through. as for the rest of your body... just get your wiggle on. :dance2::dance:

this is going to be interesting to explain lol

so i roll it out until i got very little left to put my legs in, about 6-7 inches, and get it past the ankles, after i got my feet through i just pull it up in small sections making sure that is stretched enough all along

if all else fails try wearing pantyhose lol

My husband likes to use a diluted solution of hair conditioner on his skin -- says it makes the wetsuit just slide on.

Me, I dive dry :)

Wetsuit Lube. 1 part hair conditioner/4 parts water in a small spray bottle. Spray arms and legs of wetsuit, torso of wetsuit if need be. Be sure to wipe hair conditioner off feet or sand will stick and booties will slip. Choose a hair conditioner that does not offend the nose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom