Tips for getting some of the blue out? (digital, Picasa)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robcap:
Hi Monkey- Chris.
Could you explain the procedure?
whitebalance and used auto levels with which program.
I just bought a housing for my coolpix, and got back from a trip to the Red Sea.
Took a lot of pictures, and some of them are nice.
Several ones are like your turtle. What did you do exactly.
thnx
ciao

I use Photoshop CS. I opened the RAW file with CS. Used the whitebalance dropper tool to select an area of the picture that was white (probably the nose line area). Then once that was open i just went to Tools->New Adjustment Layer->Levels... Then i just clicked the auto button.

Some pictures take a little more work. If there is no white for instance you might have to set whitebalance by hand (you get the hang of it with a little practice). Also sometimes auto levels doesn't give good results and you have to set levels manually.

Chris

My new HP will reset white balance automatically. To do that you point the lenses at an all white object (white plastic board) and tell it to set the color to white. This allows it to compensate for the blues. As you go deeper or shallower you need to redo.

I'm hoping this will help me take pictures without a strobe since strobes have very short ranges and add to weight and other requirements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom