Tips for getting gloves on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wheatondiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know the neoprene gloves should fit snug, but I have a struggle getting my gloves on. It doesn't seem to matter if they are dry and my hands are dry or wet gloves / wet hands.

Does anyone have any tips?

Some may laugh but I use a thin glove liner (similar to dive skin material) that I originally purchased for hiking. It's easy to get my gloves on and off. :wink:

They sound like they might be a little too tight.... :)

Otherwise, filling them with warm water might make the gloves go on easier as the neoprene will balloon out as your hand goes in.

How about trying soapy water or K-Y jelly?

Dave C

soapy water works well

I know the neoprene gloves should fit snug, but I have a struggle getting my gloves on. It doesn't seem to matter if they are dry and my hands are dry or wet gloves / wet hands.

Does anyone have any tips?

My suggestions :

1 ) overwhelmingly, larger gloves are the best option. Failing that :

2 ) for warm water : using a 50/50 mix of baby shampoo & water in a small sprayer bottle, spray your hands before inserting them into your gloves.

3 ) for colder water : put thin, disposable latex gloves on first, then the neoprene gloves. If the gloves are already wet, spray the latex gloves with the shampoo mix before donning the neoprene gloves.

Hope this helps...

turn the glove inside out as far down the palm as you can, don't go past the thumb, this way you only "stuggle" a little bit, and the rest rolls on The other ideas are good too....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom