Tips for a couple in Bonaire? Where to stay??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looked at Delfins
Hotels.com says it has 2 twin beds in each room
Not too romantic
We had a nice European King (about the size of a US Queen) on our stay at Den Laman. It was a platform bed, on the firm side, but after a long day of diving, quite comfortable.

Recently someone on Tripadvisor reviewed the Delfins and brought up the issue of two twin beds. Management responded that they do indeed provide a king top mattress upon request. Now I may be the odd one out, but the two twins side by side is just fine by me. When we were in Iceland this past summer, our place had the side by side twin bed arrangement. I slept wonderfully! Without sounding like I am husband bashing(okay, I sort of am), I didn't have to deal with him spooling the sheets off of me, the Jimmy Hand or flailing legs while he was sleeping. Then again, I don't like to cuddle when sleeping and need my space, or as my husband calls it "The DMZ". Perhaps too much information, but just my 2 cents:wink: The only drawback to twin beds in the rooms is the prospect and potential of more little children staying at the resort. Terrifying!

Last edited:
Recently someone on Tripadvisor reviewed the Delfins and brought up the issue of two twin beds. Management responded that they do indeed provide a king top mattress upon request. Now I may be the odd one out, but the two twins side by side is just fine by me. When we were in Iceland this past summer, our place had the side by side twin bed arrangement. I slept wonderfully! Without sounding like I am husband bashing(okay, I sort of am), I didn't have to deal with him spooling the sheets off of me, the Jimmy Hand or flailing legs while he was sleeping. Then again, I don't like to cuddle when sleeping and need my space, or as my husband calls it "The DMZ". Perhaps too much information, but just my 2 cents:wink: The only drawback to twin beds in the rooms is the prospect and potential of more little children staying at the resort. Terrifying!
To each their own :)

Hmmm. Interesting dynamics. So far it seems the females do not mind twins but the men are against it. :wink:
You could always do a poll :). So far, the number of respondents is very small.

You could always do a poll :). So far, the number of respondents is very small.
Thanks but I think I will pass on the poll. The sample size may be small but its powerful. :D

hallelajua.jpg
Thanks but I think I will pass on the poll. The sample size may be small but its powerful. :D

Hmmm. Interesting dynamics. So far it seems the females do not mind twins but the men are against it. :wink:

Aren't twins what every man dreams of?

Back
Top Bottom