Tips and Tricks for all divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No metal to metal connections !

Makes me a little anxious every time i see a diver connecting metal to metal going into a wreck :confused:

Home-made ear drops: 1:1 solution of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Dilute with (distilled) water if too strong. Useful when making many back-to-back dives or prone to water-logged ears or otherwise ear issues. Put a couple of drops in each ear after each dive to dry out your ears and prevent issues before they arise. (this recipe can be found all over the internet)

Makes me a little anxious every time i see a diver connecting metal to metal going into a wreck :confused:
I'm confused. Is that a comment to a tip someone made or a general comment/tip? I'm thinking the latter..

I'm confused. Is that a comment to a tip someone made or a general comment/tip? I'm thinking the latter..

General comment / tip :thumb2:

If you dive with open heeled fins, your HP hose makes a great holder for your fins if you have to climb up/down a ladder. Just thread the hose through the heel-strip and clip it off.

I have Jet-FIns which are very heavy and i can imagine it will put a lot of stress on the HP connection .

I personally would avoid it, you can just hand them to some one on the deck as you climb.

I'm sorry, I've lost the plot on this tip? And we're in Basic here so not entering wrecks.

sunscreen aids in mask sealing

Sunscreen drips in my eyes and makes them burn when I'm diving.

If you do use sunscreen, please make it reef safe sunscreen.

I don't use sunscreen at all when diving. I wear a head cover that's kinda like a big headband but covers like a kerchief scarf. If I end up on the surface too long, it protects my forehead, ear tips and hair part from burning. If i was left too too long, could use it to cover my face, though I finally got a good buff for that.

I'm sorry, I've lost the plot on this tip? And we're in Basic here so not entering wrecks.
It does not apply only to wrecks but in general as well, if you get entangled in something you cant cut a metal connection.

Some wrecks have open bowls (not sure if tha'ts the correct word) that you can get in with out wreck qualification but at the end of the day there are still metal rods etc sticking out which do pose an entanglement risk if you dont pay attention.

I think this should be taught since day 1 of OW - you cant cut a metal connection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom