Tip Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick question. Going on a Liveaboard on the Diva Andaman next month for 7 days; how much should I tip my dive master and crew?
How much did you pay for the trip?

when you said 1000 baht each, i did the math out to 6000 baht for a crew of 6
I didn't say 'each'. 1000 Baht for the boat crew. Simply put something like that in the tip box, which will be divided by the crew.

Just noticed it was not my quote you were reacting to.

when you said 1000 baht each, i did the math out to 6000 baht for a crew of 6
I said B1,000.00 each to the crew and the DM ie two parties involved: crew and the DM.
And I also acknowledged stevenl that he has beaten me to that after his quoted of B2,000.00 came before mine post.

So I did a 7 day Liveaboard on the Diva Andaman and the service was outstanding. We gave them about a 15% and maybe slightly more tip for the whole group, they divide the tip amongst everyone because they don’t feel one person does any less on the boat. We were very pleased with our first Liveaboard experience.

they divide the tip amongst everyone because they don’t feel one person does any less on the boat.
This is the ONLY way to divide the tip ie. equal share among everyone involved.
It is fine to slip extra to the guide but many divers forget that the success of the trip is based entirely on team work.

Back
Top Bottom