$Tip for the Mate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stangguy327

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am just recently getting into diving in the north atlantic and love it so far!! I see that it is standard to tip the mate on the dive boat, but how much do you guys give him? I gave 15 bux the last few times for a 2 tank dive, is that about right?

How about if he fillets the fish you spear, more or is that included?

thanks, I just want to make sure that I dont come off as being cheap if that isn't enough.

I am just recently getting into diving in the north atlantic and love it so far!! I see that it is standard to tip the mate on the dive boat, but how much do you guys give him? I gave 15 bux the last few times for a 2 tank dive, is that about right?

How about if he fillets the fish you spear, more or is that included?

thanks, I just want to make sure that I dont come off as being cheap if that isn't enough.

$20 on a two-tank dive is a good tip.

$15 on a two-tank dive is an OK tip.

$15 on a two-tank dive where the mate also helped prepare your dinner?

:shakehead:

:D

The head boats charge about $5 per fish for filleting. I would think that would work for your mate, too, in addition to the per tank tip.

Back
Top Bottom