Tioman Dive Center?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

birdchua

Reaction score
Hi, I am now planning for a dive trip to tioman instead of bali now as the price is too expensive for me (S'pore school holidays, most of the cheap option air ticket are out). Diving is a expensive sport for a poor student like me, hehehe.

I am planning to stay in tioman for 3 nites and thinking of doing about 6-8 dives. Is it one too many?

A very important point is that my last dive was in 1999. Is it recommended to have a refresher dive in s'pore first or can I do it with the dive center in Tioman?

Can anyone also give me comment on Eco-divers in tioman and Tioman Reefs Dviers? Any other recommendation is welcome.'

Thank for the advice and help

so when are you going ? around school holidays the chaets get pretty full so you might be limited more by accomodation than anything else.

6-8 dives isn't too bad - depends on what kind of dives and what you do at night. most i'd done is 4 a day - 2 boat, 2 shore (salang).

you could do the refresher in tioman - shallow shore area. pros - it's salt water. con - might take away from your dive day.

however, if you arrive in the afternoon, then you can do the refresher then as the dive boats have all returned, i think. and if you feel comfortable, sign up for tomorrows boat dive.

as far as dive shop try a search in this forum. htere's been comments on them before.

birdchua:
Hi, I am now planning for a dive trip to tioman instead of bali now as the price is too expensive for me (S'pore school holidays, most of the cheap option air ticket are out). Diving is a expensive sport for a poor student like me, hehehe.

I am planning to stay in tioman for 3 nites and thinking of doing about 6-8 dives. Is it one too many?

A very important point is that my last dive was in 1999. Is it recommended to have a refresher dive in s'pore first or can I do it with the dive center in Tioman?

Can anyone also give me comment on Eco-divers in tioman and Tioman Reefs Dviers? Any other recommendation is welcome.'

Thank for the advice and help

Thank for the advice.

It depends where you want to go in Tioman. If you go to Salang Beach then I highly recommend B&J Diving. My wife and I did quite a lot of diving with them a few years ago - they are excellent. (They also have a branch on ABC Beach)

Hi....I normally dive with Sealantis at Paya. There are 2 resorts, Paya Beach and Tioman Paya. Cost around RM 250 - RM 350 for a 3 days 2 nights stay with food. YOu can even stay with Sealantis, only RM 30 per night. The boat dive cost around RM 50 per dive but if you bargain, you could get RM 40 per dive, look for Joe (Instructor). I normally do 4 dives a day, sometimes 5 dives (with night dive). I am going there again on 24th September.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom