*Time sensitive PSA* Northeast Gulf Coast hyperbaric facilities are on divert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Duke Dive Medicine, Which hospital in New Orleans has an operational chamber? Is West Jefferson back online, or does University Medical Center have one? It would be pretty good info for me to have that I hope I would never need

West Jefferson is the only one I know about. If anyone else has other info please let me know!

West Jefferson is the only one I know about. If anyone else has other info please let me know!
I know “West Jeff” was the facility but at one point they were down for a bit maintenance? There was speculation that University Medical Center “UMC” may at some point take its place as they are the big level 1 trauma center, but I some even know if a chamber is on-site or even in the plans. I defer to your expertise, It’s what you guys do. If I have the need I’m calling the 800 number on my DAN card and following instructions. Just curious what is in my backyard, especially with mobile down at the moment. Thank you for all you do.

I know “West Jeff” was the facility but at one point they were down for a bit maintenance? There was speculation that University Medical Center “UMC” may at some point take its place as they are the big level 1 trauma center, but I some even know if a chamber is on-site or even in the plans. I defer to your expertise, It’s what you guys do. If I have the need I’m calling the 800 number on my DAN card and following instructions. Just curious what is in my backyard, especially with mobile down at the moment. Thank you for all you do.

I talked with them last Thursday and they were up and running. Yes, calling the 800 number is a good idea - emergency facilities tend to notify DAN if they go offline.

Back
Top Bottom