Time for our own Japan forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonathan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey guys and lasses there seem to be a growing number of Japan based divers on this board - so do you think it is time for our own chapter?

I can't remember the exact number we need from my moderator days but I am sure someone will step in and let us know - 6 seems to ring a bell?!?

If interested reply to this and in include such wonderful things as forum name and mascot!

Safe diving all

Jonathan

jagfish:
Don't know if we have enough folks. How many are there? A dozen or so?

Might be interesting...get the "Asian night shift" going while the rest of the world sleeps!

JAG
We have at least a dozen - maybe more. They tend to be reasonably active too! It's also interesting seeing who is online through the day - and watching it drop off in the late afternoon early evening - and then watch the Europeans come online in the late evening. I would have thought that we have at least as many members as Hawaii (although probably more people visit Hawaii to dive and therefore post questions about it!) It would be some kind of recognition though - I'm for it!!

Count me in. :)

Joel

Interested for sure. Though relatively few in number there seems to be divers from a good variety of locations around Japan so think it would be great for sharing information.

All you need is ten charter members and I will be HAPPY to add Japanese Diving as a club! Don't forget you should have a name and mascot... but those can come later. Send me a list of ten so we can get this started.

Well we've surely got 10! It's time for bed but I'll check it out tomorrow!! who can come up with a good name???

Lets see,
Up in this area there's "Marscuba" and "TJO" and another fellow whose name I know, but I have forgotten his "handle". Down in Okinawa, there are another few, "Waterdog", "Beck", and a few others whose names escape me. "Mortlock" posts a lot, but I think he will be moving to Thailand after the summer. I just met another fellow yesterday from Tokyo, "Meitaro".

Yeah, I guess there should be no problem having the starting number. What do the 10 charter members have to do to "activate" or "demonstrate" their endorsement of the idea?

JAG

Just about any name that does not contain words like, "samurai" or "bonzai" or some other such indiginity would be fine with me...at least as Netdoc says, we don't have to come up with it right away.

...and definitely not Tom Cruise for the mascot...

JAG

Jonathan, I was toying with the idea of a completely separate forum based upon vBulletin on my site.

But that might require computer skills on my part...

Count me in as a charter member for scubaboard Japan forum.

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom