Time for a Bit-O-Fun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.:
Nope, the water is flowing out so it will push you away from it.

Another hint: It has something to do with a two state water supply.

Keep trying.

Gary D.

A 2 state water supply as in resivoir or drainage area and there are multiple water intakes causing the appearance of current?

The local government of the respective states haven't gotten together and in not doing so have created a whirlpool? :D

Last hint (maybe):

Hayden Lake, the small one near the middle right side is the one the pic's are from. The darker blue is our larger surface lakes. The lighter blue is our sub-surface lake or aquifer which is quite large.

http://www.spokanewater.org/aquifer/

How does that surface water get to the aquifer? :wink:

Gary D.

Gary D.:
Last hint (maybe):

How does that surface water get to the aquifer? :wink:

Gary D.

My only other guess is underground river?

Bingo. Sort of.

These two areas are one of many recharge areas for the aquifer. Right now they are reasonably safe with little flow. But at higher surface water and an aquifer in need of water the flow can look like a freshly flushed toilet. It will take a person or anything else down to the bottom and hold it there until the water slows down.

They are peaceful little death traps that are over almost all underground water systems all over the world. It just might be worth your time to know where they are and how they act through out the year.

If nothing else it got some of you thinking. :D

Gary D.

Gary D.:
Bingo. Sort of.

These two areas are one of many recharge areas for the aquifer. Right now they are reasonably safe with little flow. But at higher surface water and an aquifer in need of water the flow can look like a freshly flushed toilet. It will take a person or anything else down to the bottom and hold it there until the water slows down.

They are peaceful little death traps that are over almost all underground water systems all over the world. It just might be worth your time to know where they are and how they act through out the year.

Gary D.
ohhhhh

Gary D.:
Bingo. Sort of.

Gary D.

So like a whirlpool where you get sucked down/in? So I was correct????????

Gary D.:

Heck I was out diving today and was looking forward to when I got home so's I could know the answer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom