Tiki Lake(formerly The Reef) Houston TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawkeye Mark

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Went by the lake formerly known as The Reef. It is now called Tiki Lake and has reopened. Guys on duty advised cost is $10 for divers. No compressor. Since I had only been to Reef once i cant comment on the differences. Lot of junk laying around. Looked pretty run-down.

There were 20 or so swimmers hanging around

I wonder who opened it? There's alot to clean up out there, more than just junk topside.

No website i could find. At corner of Cullen and Beltway south, go north on Cullen. turn right on Schurmier. Schurmier is half a mile or so north of beltway. Go a mile or so and Tiki Lake is on the right.

Tiki Lake huh? Well, that's no less bizarre a name than The Reef. Is there a historical name at all to be associated with this water body?

That's just great! Maybe the new owner will clean it up some. Tried to do some weekday dives there last year but couldn't find them open most of the time. It might be good to have an alternate site sometimes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom