Tiki-la tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reddiver970

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone know if you can rent tanks for shore diving and shore night diving at Tiki-la beach bar? The dive shop I am talking to now wants 550 pesos for a tank to use at night for shore diving, thats pretty steep.

Does anyone know if you can rent tanks for shore diving and shore night diving at Tiki-la beach bar? The dive shop I am talking to now wants 550 pesos for a tank to use at night for shore diving, thats pretty steep.

Wow. That's over $30USD. You sure that isn't for a guided shore dive?

I know they have tanks there but don't know the details, like if you have to arrange in advance or use a guide or what.

Also, could that $550 include a deposit that you will get back when returned? Dive shops often don't like their tanks to be taken off site.

Wow. That's over $30USD. You sure that isn't for a guided shore dive?

I know they have tanks there but don't know the details, like if you have to arrange in advance or use a guide or what.

Also, could that $550 include a deposit that you will get back when returned? Dive shops often don't like their tanks to be taken off site.
Julio Kin wants 300 pesos ( $17 USD )for a shore dive tank and if your doing a night shore dive 500 pesos ( $28 USD ). I was hoping Tikila- beach bar had rental tanks at more reasonable prices but I cant find any info on their tank rentals.

Julio Kin wants 300 pesos ( $17 USD )for a shore dive tank and if your doing a night shore dive 500 pesos ( $28 USD ). I was hoping Tikila- beach bar had rental tanks at more reasonable prices but I cant find any info on their tank rentals.
Do you have a car? You might check with Meridiano or AICO for rental tanks.

If Jungle Divers doesn't work out you could try Roberta's Scuba Shack, which is probably 200 feet or so south of Tikila. I've rented shore tanks from Scuba Shack many times, even though I wasn't staying at Village Tan Kah or diving with Scuba Shack. I've rented night dive tanks too, but was diving with friends staying at Village Tan Kah, which is right across the street from Scuba Shack and also owned by Roberta.

Is that Julio a shop or a DM? Why would a DM be renting a tank if not guiding?

If you're wanting to shore dive at Tikila, you could also rent tanks at Scuba Shack, which I think is a better entry point for the area anyway.

If Jungle Divers doesn't work out you could try Roberta's Scuba Shack, which is probably 200 feet or so south of Tikila. I've rented shore tanks from Scuba Shack many times, even though I wasn't staying at Village Tan Kah or diving with Scuba Shack. I've rented night dive tanks too, but was diving with friends staying at Village Tan Kah, which is right across the street from Scuba Shack and also owned by Roberta.
I am trying to get in touch with Robertas I have used them in the past

Is that Julio a shop or a DM? Why would a DM be renting a tank if not guiding?

If you're wanting to shore dive at Tikila, you could also rent tanks at Scuba Shack, which I think is a better entry point for the area anyway.
Julio Kin is a DM and a shop, just south of Ernestos across from Park Royal

Back
Top Bottom