TigerGear Tank mounts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.M.O.H.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone on this board is using one: https://tigergear.com/

On the other hand, the biggest question is could this be considered DIR compliant? For both single and double tank operation. (forget the Pony part though)

I saw a couple of guys using it for single tank operation when one piece of the bracket is bolted to the backplate and the second piece is permanently attached to the tank. One of the guys also uses one for the doubles.

Seems like a great approach to mount your tanks to a BP, besides it gives you the same tank position every time you use it.

Double.jpg

Thanks!

Is a Pony Bottle Mounting system DIR????

LOL

Is a Pony Bottle Mounting system DIR????

LOL

I noticed that most of the time you don't even bother to read the posts...

On the other hand, the biggest question is could this be considered DIR compliant? For both single and double tank operation. (forget the Pony part though)

So lets try this again... forget the pony part. I am only asking about the tank to BP mounting bracket...

Lets try this again... forget the pony part. I am only asking about the tank to BP mounting bracket...

and what problem is it solving over standard tank/BP attachment?

or is it a really cool looking techy gizmo?

and what problem is it solving over standard tank/BP attachment?
like i said it above. Very easy to deal with, secure, lightweight, machined from one piece AL - nearly indestructible, same tank position every time.

or is it a really cool looking techy gizmo?
Ok so i get it, you don't approve of it. Jeff, i am not looking for your irony or sarcasm here, besides, we all get it, you the sarcasm king of this board.

Anyone else has some constructive input?

like i said it above. Very easy to deal with, secure, lightweight, machined from one piece AL - nearly indestructible, same tank position every time.
and I will ask again.

For singles?
What advantage over cam bands? I don't hear of them breaking.
What about when you are renting tanks?

For doubles...What (if any) advantages do they bring?

Ok so i get it, you don't approve of it. Jeff, i am not looking for your irony or sarcasm here, besides, we all get it, you the sarcasm king of this board.
Boo Hoo Hoo. I was actually trying to get you to use your brain to figure out your answer for yourself.

But I guess you would rather just have the answer.

That is not the making of a DIR diver. Maybe the dork diver forum is for you instead?

I'm with Jeff . . . I don't know what problem this is solving. My doubles are in the exact same position every time I use them, because I put the bolts through the same holes in the backplate. Maybe I don't understand what you are saying?

I'm with Jeff . . . I don't know what problem this is solving. My doubles are in the exact same position every time I use them, because I put the bolts through the same holes in the backplate. Maybe I don't understand what you are saying?
I think the question was pretty simple. But i will rephrase, does anyone use it or has anyone used it, and does it have any value to a diver aspiring or following DIR principles if not why?

I think the question was pretty simple. But i will rephrase, does anyone use it or has anyone used it,
If they have, they shouldn't be posting in this forum.
and does it have any value to a diver aspiring or following DIR principles
No

if not why?
Because its a shiny POS gizmo that brings no additional value to a divers kit.

There...simple and you didn't have to think for yourself after all.

I find two wing nuts pretty quick, far simpler, less prone to failure and one heck of a lot cheaper.

I don't see how'd you mount wings on that thing, either. Unless the wings go between the tanks and the quick release mount, which would mean that the wings would come off with the tanks and mount, kinda defeating the whole "quick release" thing.

The only benefit I can see is to the manufacturer to separate a fool and his money.

Far, far from DIR in case there's still any question.

Roak

Ps. Gotta love 'dem boots, too.

PPs. Good chance that the bands aren't on 11 inch centers either, just eyeballing the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom