Tiger Woods murders a teenager?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think someone has already posted the details. It was a teen trying to spice up her senior yearbook page by having her picture taken with a "tame" tiger. "But, Mom... all the kids are doing it."

drbill:
I think someone has already posted the details. It was a teen trying to spice up her senior yearbook page by having her picture taken with a "tame" tiger. "But, Mom... all the kids are doing it."

That sort of thing is in the same league with showing off by driving too fast or skateboarding off the school roof. You take your chances and sometimes, you fall.

Apparently this was a designated "photo op" tiger, and had done this thousands of times with no incident. Obviously, it didn't happen that way THIS time.....I guess there's always a chance with "tame" wild animals that they can revert to form. But in this situation I wouldn't blame the girl, as she would not have expected any danger in doing this. If this was a "climb through the zoo bars to get the photo taken" incident, I would hold her to blame for it, as the animals in cages are not "advertised" as being safe to be around.

I dont think anyone is blaming the girl....she obviously thought it was a safe thing to do given the track record of the animal.

Every living creature is unpredictable.....I dont care how 'trained' it is. As humans we like to think that animals have trust etc and rationalize their actions as some of us do....whatever set this tiger off, it had a reason to do what it did. It shouldnt have been killed unless it was an immediate danger to other humans, as in charging them etc...if this was the case..fine.

You put a wild animal in an un-wild setting and you expect it to behave in a manner in which it has no way of understanding. When it does something natural for itself, then you kill it. Doesn't make sense to me.

pants!:
"Tiger Woods murders a teenager trying to get his picture taken?!"

That's what went through my head when I read the following headline after reading about Tiger's performance in the NEC:

"Tiger kills Kansas teen posing for photo"

Needless to say, the tiger in question was [probably] not a golfer.

just had to read this one!

Back
Top Bottom