Tiger Shark Flyby - Hero 4 Silver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice! It was in no hurry. Where were you, and where you doing any sort of 'looking for sharks' dive, or was this a random thing?

Richard.

Ahh yes. No hurry is actually shooting 1080p at 60fps and then reducing speed to 50% to end up with a smooth 1080p at the standard 30fps. The real life scene was actually more tense with everything moving twice as fast as it appears on the video. Big tiger circling you and you not wanting it to gain a blind spot on you. Another advantage of going slo mo is that the video gets a more stabilized/deshaked feel vs the original jerky version.

It was not a random shark appearance. We were looking for sharks. I tried to cut the scene so that it looks more like a random thing. I left the hordes of other underwater paparazzi out of the frame and was lucky enough to have the animal go by the nearby wreck while having the sun from above giving it an ethereal feel. Lucky angles and shots.

Nice shot. It came out nice and steady tracking of the camera.
Thanks. I did a little bit of slo mo on this clip. It helps make it feel more steady.
Nice footage, how long did it stay in the area?
The oring that seals the swiveling connection from the hose to the second stage broke apart during this dive. I was diving a single 80 cu ft tank. I had to cut my dive short as I saw that the abundant streaming bubbles were draining my tank faster than I would have liked. The tiger was still around as I got into the boat.

very cool....thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom