Tiger Beach Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickthompson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Decided somewhat last minute to go on a 3 night Bahamas cruise with some friends and I was looking at the possibility of taking one day to go diving (couple of my friends are certified as well). We will be stopping in Nassau, Grand Bahama and NCLs little private pile of sand. I've dived in Nassau before so I wanted to give Grand Bahama a try and after getting the chance to talk with Jim Abernethy recently, Tiger Beach is high on my list of places to dive. Unfortunately my research has only turned up several liveaboards and one outrageously expensive "cage diving experience." Anyone know of any local day charters that go to Tiger Beach (no cage) with experienced staff and good reputations? This will be in March.

---

Any recommendations on dive ops on Grand Bahama in general if this whole tiger beach falls through?

Last edited:
Cove's goes to Tiger Beach but it's a long all day trip from there. I doubt it would work within a cruise timeframe without being concerned about missing your departure time. Even getting there early enough would be difficult - it's probably a 30mile drive/taxi ride to the West End. <- no idea what that would cost. And it's only 3 days per week. Welcome to Stuart Cove's Newest Dive Operation at Old Bahama Bay Resort, West End, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas

UNEXSO does both shark and dolphin dives and they're near the port. They work with cruise divers also. Dolphin & Scuba Diving Activities

Cristina Zenato is a fabulous shark handler - she's in the Women Divers Hall of Fame for her work. Joe Romeiro shot this with her (click the Youtube link and watch it in HD..):

Last edited:
diversteve is correct, in that you may be pressed for time to make the Stuart Cove Tiger Beach 1 Day Run. UNEXSO & Cristina Zenato would be a great alternative. World Class facility, great diving, and Cristina is a fantastic person to dive with and be around. You will not go wrong with UNEXSO.

Big3.jpg

Rick,
The bad news is its a hour cab ride to West End from the port, 30 mile boat ride just to get to Tiger Beach. With the timeframe they allow you to be off ship is just not enough to make work. As others have said, UNEXSO has a really good reef shark dive at is possible with the time you have in port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom