Thursdays Photo ~ Small and Teensie Stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Dee .... I guess I pushed Bacchus out of the way to get that one :wink: :wink: We did see some pretty nice looking corals while on that trip

Guess I was trying to capture a real nice macro like Laz and the others do seemingly in their sleep ....hopefully someday :) :)

Much harder than I thought and can get frustrating chasing those little guys around .... get to close and "hey where did it go????" ... lots of pictures of nothing but coral

ssra.....how did you ever see that Juv. Sweetlips :confused:

Hope we can see more ….. everyone is posting nice stuff …… this is almost as good as fish butts!!!!!!!

I got real lucky with the juv. Sweetlips. Could not even tell what it was when I saw it, just a little mass of what looked like belly dancer on drug :) I shot about 10 pics and about 2 came with decent focus. Did not even know what it looked like until I saw it on my computer. I did use an inon UCL -165 macro lens with my Oly 4040Z.

The green and orange thing, I assume was a shrimp, may be some sorts of a bug. The dive guide/DM at Sipadan spotted it and showed it to the group. So much nicer when you have someone with sharp eyes to point thing out so I just need to point and click!

Now, if I can figure out how get those gobies to pose for the pictures and not run away before I can get a shot, like your guys/gals did, I will be really happy.

I can just imagine that Sweetlips looking like just more spooge in the water!

How do you like your macro lens? Is there a big difference between it and the cameras zoom? I'm trying to think of a reason to buy one! :wink:

UCL -165...that's INON? Right now I'm trying to figure out, between INON, Olympus and S&S, which is the best with my C-4040. I've been reading that all are not equal with the C-5050 so I'm thinking it may be the same with mine.

Any opinions?

Dee, I think Sea and Sea Macro lens is not all that great. The magnification is not that great.
I think the main difference is that now I can get the camera closer to the object. However full zoom and macro lens does not seem to get along so well as the camera has quite a bit of difficulty focusing but when it works, it is pretty nice. I only had my macro lens for my Sipadan trip so I still am playing around with it.
Could not find Olympus macro lens here so I went with Inon since it seems to be the only one readily available in Bangkok here.

abi.jpg

I can't seem to find anything in this picture....can you?
abj.jpg

I actually found myself trying to talk these guys out of thier holes.
abk.jpg

I just find it kinda hard to focus correctly on such a small subject.

Dr. Jay once bubbled...
...I just find it kinda hard to focus correctly on such a small subject.

That's the fun and the challenge of it!

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom