Thursday's Photo 12/4 - Freshwater scenes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It's about time we saw some more freshwater stuff. Not all of it is low vis, green water. So show us some of those great freshwater dive sites.

Balmorhea State Park, Balmorhea, Texas. San Salvador Springs is actually an old Mescalero Indian watering hole that has been in use for centruries. In the 1040's, the CCC enlarged the head spring and made a tourist attraction out of it.

aad.sized.jpg

:rofL: Yeah, me too. We have to drive 10 hours to get to this one! I can be in Panama City, florida in about the same amount of time. But it's worth the drive. The Davis Mountains and the desert have a beauty of their own.

The shawdows are the rental row boats docked at the lodge.

dvbtshwd.jpg

By the way, it looks like there is an old stream bed going right down the middle of your shot, Dee. Is that what I am seeing?

Crab...what a great shot! I love the sunrays and shadows. What camera did you use and do you remember the exposures?

One thing I like about my shot is it could almost be a topside shot if you imagine all those Tetras as birds! The rock bed is where the spring bubbles up. It's very gentle but over all there is over a million gals a day through there and you never feel it until you get close to the outflow.

Here's mine...

20743001.jpg

21739815.jpg

Gosh, I wish our lakes were as clear as Dee's!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom