Thursday Photo ~ Purple Stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Have you got some purple stuff?

acy.sized.jpg

ack.sized.jpg

acf.sized.jpg

Dee, I have tried and tried to describe those electric blue ?tunicates? to my non-diving friends, but just can't seem to, and I could never find a photo that accurately represents that impossible color, till now. :clapping:
Most excellent. :mean:

This isn't the greatest shot, but it's the only one I have on the computer at the moment. It is purple hydrocoral, and it was taken at Farnsworth Banks off of the backside of Catalina, one of few places it grows this far south. "Deep" refers to the dive site, not the color...

SueMermaid once bubbled...
Dee, I have tried and tried to describe those electric blue ?tunicates? to my non-diving friends, but just can't seem to, and I could never find a photo that accurately represents that impossible color, till now. :clapping:
Most excellent. :mean:

I should have identified things....they aren't tunicates, they're sponges.

1 & 3. Azure Vase Sponge - although in #1 I have never seen them in that shape. They look like farytale slippers in that one!

2. Fairy Basslet

I'm still looking for Purple Tunicates!

andrsn once bubbled...
Found these guys camping out in a small cove on Grand Cayman(only clean-watered place I've really been)
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! <----girly squeal
I love squid. They are among my favorite creatures to spot. There's something so unbelievably cute about them. Were these the really teeny ones? :bkiss:

actually, these guys/girls were about 8 inches long(~20cm). they're colors were actually totally fascinating. lots of luminescent shades. :)

Anderson

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom