Thursday Photo ~ Blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a three part secret to clear blue lake water around here: Location, location, location. I could show you shots of great expanses of muck and gloom that is found in some other nearby lakes, but I don't have any because I never bother taking my camera on those dives.

You can, on the other hand, get some cool stories by diving "visibility challenging" sites... like trying to determine where the bottom is and not realizing you've reached it until you've sunk about two feet into its gelatinous coating. Of course, the words "aaaauuuuggghhhh yuck!!!" sound really cool when groaned through a regulator.

Crab...one of the reasons we make note of what depth certain items are in the lake, ie., the platforms, boats and major trees, is so we can get on that same depth. That way we know we'll hit it with our heads on those really low vis days, instead of getting anywhere close to that geletaneous bottom! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom