Thursday Photo ~ Blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike once bubbled...
Not the greatest picture, we are just beginners learning how to use the sport finder.

But, I thought this was the coolest thing. The shark followed these little guys around just like in picture for a good 10 minutes, and never showed aggression.

At Bull Run, Bimini Bahamas.

and it is blue

mike

Those little guys are Juvenile Bar Jacks and the shark isn't following them, they are riding his slip stream and waiting for tidbits of food. You'll see them in front of Mantas, Whale Sharks, and some stingrays.

Cool picture!

These are all great....thanks ya'll!

Wackodacko - as Jonathan said, it's a nautilus.

I kind of disapprove - the dive trip in question puts down a trap, drags them up from depth, releases them for people to see and photograph, then takes them down to 45-50m to allow them to descend further themselves... or be eaten. I feel bad about participating.

But it is a cool pic - sorry it's so big, should have reduced it a bit before attaching.

Dee once bubbled...

Those little guys are Juvenile Bar Jacks and the shark isn't following them, they are riding his slip stream and waiting for tidbits of food.

Dee, thanks for this information. These pictures are all great. Just makes me want to be back in the water working on more of the "Half-Fish" series. :D

I was mesmerized watching this and then noticed another reef shark swimming right under me, I could have touched him/her.

I managed to grab my sons fin, who had the camera, and signaled take this picture. But, alas, he signaled back "No Film".

How many others have missed the perfect photo op cause of no film?

This Pic belong to a friend.

And guess what, He has given the Go sign to post this pic :D

view2.jpg

This is not blue... but I trying something :D

FAILED

I've been diving in Clear Lake, OR many times in the last few months, so I've built a quite a few blue shots lately.
dv2logs.jpg

dvboat2.jpg

You've got great clear blue lake water! Ours is green and cloudy! :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom