Thursday Night LOBSTER Beach Dive, July 27, BROWARD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys have fun. I think I am done until regular season. I have a feeling tonight might be crazy. I caught up on my sleep from the extreme diving Debby and I did yesterday and am now ready to kick it into bday party mode. Be safe tonight and good luck!

Is this an open group? I would like to join you tonight, but need to do a little planning as well. I'm down from central florida and only brought one tank with me. I have lights. I can be contacted by cell phone 863-605-1655. or let me know on the thread. If it is a closed group I want to make other plans.

Tomro...any trip in the Florida Conch forum posted is an OPEN invitation to join the fun. Posting your intention then showing up is the best course of action!

Wish I could join ya'll, have fun. I had a blast last night. Great diving, no bugs. Oh well.

OK, I'm still in favor of Johnson Street. I drove to the beach and it is a little windy, and there are waves over the sandbar, but it is do-able. 7 pm?

OK y'all who blew off this dive, you missed a wonderful time! FastAttack and I met up and within 30 seconds of dropping down on the Western side of the reef, saw a lobster! However, he was waaaaaay back and looked like a short anyway. Maybe a minute or two later, we saw another...I was about to go for him when I noticed his good buddy the EEL and decided to pass on that one and go on. We ended up with three nice sized spiny lobsters (two "dragons") and a rock lobster.

I want to start a regular weeknight beach dive, after work, maybe 7:30-ish. Tuesday or Thursday nights are best for me. Feel free to comment on this...would you join in and if so, which night is best for you?

My 2006 mini-season (clicky).

Sounds great Debbie. We have tried summer weeknight dives with varying degrees of success.

I noticed you mentioned dania was picked out... I dove dania Thursday afternoon and pulled down 4 lobsters, the trick seemed to be to move quickly, look under ledges, etc.. but keep moving and don't waste time digging under every ledge.

Found those 4 almost all just E of the pier.

Great to see the night dive went well, after 3 dives I had ZERO energy left for another. I am definately up for another week though.

DebbyDiver:
OK y'all who blew off this dive, you missed a wonderful time! FastAttack and I met up and within 30 seconds of dropping down on the Western side of the reef, saw a lobster! However, he was waaaaaay back and looked like a short anyway. Maybe a minute or two later, we saw another...I was about to go for him when I noticed his good buddy the EEL and decided to pass on that one and go on. We ended up with three nice sized spiny lobsters (two "dragons") and a rock lobster.

I want to start a regular weeknight beach dive, after work, maybe 7:30-ish. Tuesday or Thursday nights are best for me. Feel free to comment on this...would you join in and if so, which night is best for you?

My 2006 mini-season (clicky).

I was supposed to go in the morning Thursday, but my trip got moved to the evening.
We dove out of Houlover and didn't do as well as you did.

We only found lobster at the 88th street wreck and didn't have time to dive the patches just south on the inlet.

I'm game for a regular Thurday night dive too.

Wys.

It's looking good for a regular Thursday night dive!

This coming Thursday I have to take my "twin" (long story) out for her 50th birthday dinner, it was the only night that worked out for both of us.

After that, it should be good for me just about every Thursday night and if we can get a core group, it won't matter if I miss because someone else would go.

Years ago, a group of us used to do Thursday night dives every week from a friend's Bertram, oh what a time that was, we used to always have lobsters for dinner, and if you were too tired for work the next day oh well, it was Friday! I'd love to re-start my old tradition.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom