Thursday May, 17th May Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its been a not-so-great-on-the-workouts-week for me. Here's my stats though:
As for me:
Today's weight: 211.2
Last weeks weight: 212.8
Starting Weight: 220.2
Loss this week: 1.6
Total weight loss to date [Week 5]: 9.0 pounds.

Good going Sarita!

Linda,

Thanks, hopefully I can improve quite a bit. I just talked to a friend/personal trainer and she's going to set me up with a work out/cardio routine to help me out. I'm hoping to get up in the mornings early enough so that I can get to the gym, shower and get to work on time. Hopefully that will help me feel better through out the day too. All day yesterday and day before I was so worn down that I was having to get up and go walking so I didn't fall asleep at the desk.

Michael

mwhities:
Linda,

Thanks, hopefully I can improve quite a bit. I just talked to a friend/personal trainer and she's going to set me up with a work out/cardio routine to help me out. I'm hoping to get up in the mornings early enough so that I can get to the gym, shower and get to work on time. Hopefully that will help me feel better through out the day too. All day yesterday and day before I was so worn down that I was having to get up and go walking so I didn't fall asleep at the desk.

Michael
Michael, sounds like you're where I was at a few months ago. What worked for me was to get a stationary bike at home ... so I could adjust my morning routine and devote some time every morning to using it.

I started out modestly ... the first week was just 8 minutes at a time. The next week I kicked it up to 10 ... then 12 ... then 15 ... then 18 ... then 20 ... well, you get the idea. I settled in at daily 30-minute workouts Monday - Friday ... and a couple months after I started all this I noticed that if I skipped a morning workout I really missed it. Now it's a habit ... get up, make coffee, put some in a travel mug and enjoy it while pedaling.

Going out to a gym doesn't work for me ... because I'm always so busy it was easy to find reasons not to go. I once found myself paying monthly fees for 10 months after my last visit. But having something at home that I didn't mind doing (and eventually coming to enjoy it) made getting into a routine much easier ... and I think a "routine" is really an essential part of any exercise regimen.

Just my 2 oz. on the subject ... whatever you choose to do, make it a daily part of your routine. Getting over the impulse to say "not today" is the hardest part ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Michael, sounds like you're where I was at a few months ago. What worked for me was to get a stationary bike at home ... so I could adjust my morning routine and devote some time every morning to using it.

I started out modestly ... the first week was just 8 minutes at a time. The next week I kicked it up to 10 ... then 12 ... then 15 ... then 18 ... then 20 ... well, you get the idea. I settled in at daily 30-minute workouts Monday - Friday ... and a couple months after I started all this I noticed that if I skipped a morning workout I really missed it. Now it's a habit ... get up, make coffee, put some in a travel mug and enjoy it while pedaling.

Going out to a gym doesn't work for me ... because I'm always so busy it was easy to find reasons not to go. I once found myself paying monthly fees for 10 months after my last visit. But having something at home that I didn't mind doing (and eventually coming to enjoy it) made getting into a routine much easier ... and I think a "routine" is really an essential part of any exercise regimen.

Just my 2 oz. on the subject ... whatever you choose to do, make it a daily part of your routine. Getting over the impulse to say "not today" is the hardest part ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob,

I was considering getting a Spin bike but, the cost is to much and even if I could afford it, (I'd rather buy scuba gear. ;P) we have no room in our house at this time. (We recently added new wood floors so everything is some what clustered. :))

Well, I'm sure if I'm sitting on a bike, I won't get as winded as I do on the staires as I'm sitting down on the seat. I don't think that it would be very hard for me to do 30 minutes right out. Before 6 to 8 months ago, I taught Spin classes 4 - 5 times a week.

I have a gym that I have free access too. I work on their computers. So the monthly cost isn't a factor. Although driving to this one is about 4 miles out of the way and the time I'd finish up, would be when the traffic hits and what would take 10 minutes to drive turns into 45+ minutes. :| So that would require me to get up even earlier.

Like you said, either way I go, once I get into a routine, it will get easier. I appreciate the support and your opinion is always welcomed here.

Michael

LindaBluedolphin:
Good going Sarita!
Thanks Linda! you brought a big smile to my face, especially since I was was down 10.2 # earlier in the week, but have resumed less-healthy eating habits so I was feeling a bit down about the gain. :(

Great job, Sarita! Keep it up! Remember, the best way to lose weight is 1-2 lbs a week... makes it easier to keep off! You're within those guidelines! :wink:

Guess what, now that the stress had dropped down a little, I am back on track. Yesterday morning (thursday) I weighted myself, but was too busy at work to enter in the results.

!!!200!!! I am back down and back on track. Now lets see how low I can go. I started eating more regularly.

Good job doghouse!

I know it's doesn't mean much but, I lost 1.2lbs since yesterday. :wink:

Some what of a good start. :p

Michael

Well I missed last week with being sick, but I am up 1 pound to 220. I found out this morning that I have a slightly dislocated shoulder, which is better than the rotator cuff that I thought it might be, so my weight lifting is out for a while.

Guess I'm sticking with golf. The local water temp is above 45 degrees today, so my dive season is getting closer!

Welcome to the group Michael, I went the personal trainer path a year ago and lost 45 pounds, and maintaining still.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom