Thursday 14th September, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairybasslet:
I don't know why, I eat an average of around 1350 calories a day, I workout 5 times a week, and I still put on 2 lbs. I know it's not the scale, but jeeze. Anyway, I decided that it must be water retention so I am just going to continue what I've been doing. I can't eat less, that's for sure.
Some good news though, I wore a pair of pants yesterday that I haven't been able to fit into for a couple of years. Now THAT felt good.

I don't know either, but maybe--according to your avatar--it's all the beer that you and your cat are drinking!!:D

I'm still hung up at 182.

Yesterday I did a 2 mile jog holding tempo at 4.2 mph (treadmill) and kept the heart rate in the mid 150's. No sign of nausea at the end of it which had been a problem before. My stamina is definitely much better.

I may not be dropping weight, but I'm becomming more healthy. I'm happy. :D

TwoBit

Ok, I am back but not proud of myself. I have been struggling with my wieght and I did not want to give any negative feed back when all of you are doing so good. I talked with almity and she set me straight. Well i got all the way up to 287 lbs but now that I am back on my full force Atkins I am at 282.5 again. I am not doing good but I will stick it out. I have been sick all this week with a sinus infection and a severe Migrane. That is what going on this week with me.

What sucks the worst is that I really wanted to go to Project Aware at Table Rock this weekend but with me being so congested. I will not be able to go diving, that really SUCKS ! !

Floridawannabe:
Ok, I am back but not proud of myself. I have been struggling with my wieght and I did not want to give any negative feed back when all of you are doing so good. I talked with almity and she set me straight. Well i got all the way up to 287 lbs but now that I am back on my full force Atkins I am at 282.5 again. I am not doing good but I will stick it out. I have been sick all this week with a sinus infection and a severe Migrane. That is what going on this week with me.

What sucks the worst is that I really wanted to go to Project Aware at Table Rock this weekend but with me being so congested. I will not be able to go diving, that really SUCKS ! !

Feel better. That sucks about the dive. And keep up with your new attitude.

k4man:
I don't know either, but maybe--according to your avatar--it's all the beer that you and your cat are drinking!!:D
:lol: Too funny. Well, the funny thing is, I don't even like beer and I'm not really much of a drinker. Two drinks is my max. As for the cat, she's not even mine. The grahic designer who does my newsletters photoshopped that of her cat. I have 2 cats, one as fat as that one and the other is a scrawny thing even though she eats like crazy. But I think she has hyperthyroidism so I have to take her to the vet next Tuesday to have it checked out. Now, that is probably more information than anyone cares about. :D

the postive attitude here is FANTASTIC!!! every one of us deserve acknowledgement for the IMPROVEMENTS WE ARE MAKING to our lives!

im so HAPPY to see new and returned faces... remember, when things are not going to plan, the scales are sliding the wrong way or you just cant get our **** together is when we NEED to be here talking to eachother!!!!

ive found if i have a bad week and i think "to hell with it, i catch up next week" and then the following week is nearly over and before i know it im sliding back into old habits

each week i sit and talk to my consultant about my goods and bads for the week, some weeks i keep a food diary to help me keep a clear mind on where im falling down.

everyone one of the posts here are great!! even those that say nothing on the scales are saying things like looser clothes or increased stamina (or a "date" in Colby's case-you cheeky man, how many girlfriends do you have now! :) )

im curious about those that are fighting colds or flu... during my week i had a small breadroll and within an hour i was lieing down with a massive headache, the thumping was so bad my eyes were tearing up! i figured it was becasue my body wasnt use to the wheat and glutton (not that im intollerant of these things).

i remember my first week of changing my lifestyle that i went thru massive detox of headaches and tiredness ect so if you are climbing back on the SB Challange this week, just remember to keep these things in mind if you find you are running low on energy or feel like a lurgy is coming on!

so a few more days to go until a new thursday.... i hope we are ALL proud of the great positive work each of us are doing and see you then!!!
cheers!

:wave-smil

Great post Almity. Well, I had the weirdest weekend. For once, I didn't keep track of what I ate and I know I pigged out on stuff. Well, guess what? I lost 1.5 lbs. LOL!! Go figure.

Almity,

Great post. One thing I learned last year, before I got this Thursday weigh-in back on track late last winter, was that it is a lifestyle change that makes the difference. January 2005 I started a fitness routine with a trainer and lost 35 pounds, getting down to 225 in May of 2005. I had started to eat a little better, but didn't take anything seriously. By the time January 2006 hit, I was back up to almost 260. I had stopped working with the trainer in the summertime, as I am busier in the summer, and I felt terrible. I knew that I had to make a drastic change in how and what I was eating to make any sort of healthy lifestyle change.

So I began to look at what I was eating and how. My new trainer got me onto www.fitday.com to help me track my meals and weight goals. He also reviewed what I was eating and made suggestions to balance things out. Several small, balanced meals through-out the day, nothing big for dinner, and no snacks late. Here I am 9 months later, and I am down around 215 and sort of holding. I've hit 213 last week, and I expect to lose some more, but it will be a slow process. I am looking at reducing my intake, smaller meals that is, to try and tone up a bit more as I still have some belly roll to try and get rid of.

But it's the comments from people, and buying clothes in sizes that I haven't fit into for 20+ years. My family doctor told me after my mini-physical that he has never seen me in this good of shape. Even with an indulgent weekend of golf, a trip away with the boys, and eating big meals and cheesecake each night for dessert, mmmmmm I love cheesecake, I weighed in this morning at 217. Easy enough to get back on track and lose those couple of pounds before weeks end.

And I remember I was the only person posting in the fitness challenge for a while, then others started joining in. We now have a great group of positive people, each of us working towards our own unique and specific goals, but each of us helping each other with positive stories of working through this common problem.

And Almity, it's still the same girlfriend, just over two months now and doing very well. She says I've made it past the 6 week expiry date :D

Have a great rest of the week folks and talk to you on Thursday!!!

Good news! I switched to the "core" philosophy on Weight Watchers after having that 6.2 lb gain over my birthday week and took off the 6.2 and then 1.8 on top of that. I'm down a total of 41.4 lbs since I started this journey. I credit this week's loss to a lot of good healthy foods, and quite a few raw foods as well (but fortunately not spinach). I'm getting ready for our upcoming dive trip and need to get my wetsuit altered -- woo hoo! Carolyn at Liquidfit says the first alteration is free -- bless her heart!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom