Thunder Reef Divers (scuba shop) Vancouver - under new ownership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig Baumann

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I attended a meeting last night at Thunder Reef Divers, scuba shop in Vancouver, Washington. It was the first time I'd been in the shop in six months. I taught scuba there for several years under three separate owners. Thunder Reef is under new ownership once again, having been purchased by Mr. Greg Wolf, current owner of the NAUI Dive Shop, Beneath The Waves, also in Vancouver. Thunder Reef will however, remain a PADI facility.

The meeting was among many old and new, prospective and current employees, instructors and divemasters of both Thunder Reef Divers and Beneath the Waves. I found the people who attended, friendly, encouraging, energetic and totally enthusiastic about the possibilities this new ownership could mean for Thunder Reef.

Thunder Reef Divers has a 22 year history of serving divers from Clark County in Vancouver, to areas farther south like Multnomah County including Portland and the surrounding area and Clackamas county in Oregon. Greg Wolf seems like a regular guy, and I really appreciate his style. He has a real "you be square with me and I'll be square with you" and "treat the customer like you would like to be treated" approach. He is open to new ideas and encourages employee input.

Beneath The Waves scuba shop is doing well, so there's no reason Greg Wolf shouldn't be able to make his new venture with Thunder Reef Divers, successful also. Good luck to Thunder Reef Divers, with this new direction.

Best to you all - diver_gent

Good to hear, I grew up down the street from where they are, its been hit or miss over the years. Glad to hear its going in the right direction. Beneath the Waves has a good thing going. Congrats to Greg!

Greg is a fantastic guy and it is fantastic news that he has bought Thunder Reef. Very excited to have this happen. He's a good businessman and he knows what customer service is all about. My congrats to him also.

Wow!
Can't wait to get down there to this shop and say Hello!!!!
Congrats and best of luck. Sounds like he will be a success.
K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom