Three weeks and counting for Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5615mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Man, can't believe that three weeks from today we'll be soakin' up the sun and gettin' wet!

Going to be a bit different this trip. We are staying at a new place, Casa Mexicana. Diving with new DO, DWM........but Coz will still be the same so that's comforting. No really, looking forward to trying something new. Looking forward to diving the southern and northern most parts of Coz exclusively....according to our DO. Have heard many good things about Casa Mexicana but read something today on a post that there are no fridges in the rooms and I thought I read somewhere else there were. Who knows for sure? Thanks in advance.

Our favorite eating establishments await,
Primas
LaChoza
El Moro
La Conchita del Caribe
Ernestos
Cocos
Casa Denis
La Veranda
Ponchos Backyard but read it might have slipped - thoughts?
Guidos
Sonora Grill - good steaks

Man, my mouth is watering! :banana:

If you want some authentic food....head way inland. Six of us ate lots of food for real cheap....like a total of US$16...we threw in a big tip and they were quite appreciative.

Stayed at Casa Mexicana last year at this time for the first time. It is an excellent hotel (probably best value in Coz). Big, nice, clean rooms. Excellent public areas. Good breakfast buffet. Great Service. Right in the middle of town.

Can't remember if they had fridges in the room (but if I had to bet on it, I would say no.)

You will enjoy it.

Rich Hagelin

Otter:
If you want some authentic food....head way inland. Six of us ate lots of food for real cheap....like a total of US$16...we threw in a big tip and they were quite appreciative.

OK..........where? Always interested in finding new groceries in Coz.

5615mike:
Ponchos Backyard but read it might have slipped - thoughts?
I was there in January, and Poncho's was as good as I remembered from my last trip in '02.

parrotheaddiver:
We usually carry a foldup (softside)ice chest with us some of the hotels have ice machines it works out well.
Have fun

I use a rolling Igloo cooler for a suitcase; that works well, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom