Three Gas Computer? DG03 or other?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zaixon

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Have not been able to find much good info on this. I'm looking for a good 3 gas deco dive computer. I have seen a few but some have not gotten that great of reviews. Now I have heard good things about the Hollis DG03 and was wondering what those of you think of it that use it. I also understand the cobalt does 3 gas too, but I prefer wrist mounted and wasn't lookin to drop $1200 atm. If anyone else knows of any other good computer's that will do 3 gas mixes i'd like to hear bout em

For $1200 I can think of a few I'd choose over that one....

The only Liquivision I wouldn't mind having is the X1 and it's strictly to do with size. I'm sure they are all great computers.

The Shearwater Predator.

I have a Nitek Q Trimix but I won't recommend it based on the fact that I've been waiting 10 months for Dive Rite to release the software.

You should definitely go OLED. Any reason for three gases?

Any reason you need three gasses? The Xeo from Liquivision has worked well for me and it has 10 gasses. The OLED is great too.

Reason for three gases is that i've been doing a lot of decompression diving lately and usually have 2 or more gases. have not needed more than 3 tho it seems so 3 gas switches available on computer would be great. I've been using v-planner as of now, which is great, but having all that info on a computer would be better heh

You should definitely go OLED.

As the owner of both a Cobalt and a Petrel, let me say that so far as the Petrel goes, LCD vs. OLED is a non-issue. I like the Cobalt very much and it's fine for my deco diving, but the console factor was finally enough to convince me to buy a Petrel and sell the Cobalt, and side by side I see I haven't lost anything by going back to LCD in this case. While not V-Planner's software, the Petrel has a $75 unlockable VPM/VPM-BE alogo.

One other option looks like HW, though I don't know if you can run V-Planner on it.

shearwater. there are a couple lightly used predators in the classifieds for a great price.

If you want a computer that will carry you into trimix (assuming you're not already there), then a Shearwater is the way to go. If you're sticking just to Nitrox, a Galileo will work, but having both, I wouldn't be without my Predator.

Sorry, I misread your post so you can pretty much disregard my suggestions :wink: I thought you said you were looking to drop $1200 :D

lol yea tryin to save some money when I can right now. maybe in the future but I just looking for somethin that vplanner does for me on my wrist

---------- Post Merged at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:43 PM ----------

If you want a computer that will carry you into trimix (assuming you're not already there), then a Shearwater is the way to go. If you're sticking just to Nitrox, a Galileo will work, but having both, I wouldn't be without my Predator.

have not got to trimix yet but it may be in the future, I havn't really decided yet, but where i'm at now I dont want to rule it out, so may look into just droppin a little extra on somethin that'll be good to go when the time comes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom