Three Apple watches and a pile of trash in Lake Champlain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found my apple watch underwater in a cave. I don't know how long it had been there. I contacted the owner on the home screen and they never responded. So I reset it and wear it everyday.

I don't think it will still work after a full week at 15+ ft deep, but I'll get it back to him so he can have closure and lay it to rest with an appropriate ceremony.
Apple-watches often work when I find them, including ones found 30-to-60 feet deep.

Apple-watches often work when I find them, including ones found 30-to-60 feet deep.
Where do you usually dive?

Asking for a friend … 😂

Where do you usually dive?

Asking for a friend … 😂
The spots I dive tend to get picked over once I'm done with them.

What you want to look for are places where a bunch of party-boats hang out, or where people jump off cliffs into the water.

The new Apple Watch that has the dive computer capability has a different strap that’s more secure.

It's also trivial to change the strap on any Apple Watch. I don't think I've used the strap that came with it for long on any of mine just due to comfort factors. My current everyday strap is just a solid piece of elastic - they do stretch out over time and need to be replaced, but it's certainly not going to pop off with no warning, it has to slide off over your hand. My favorite of the Apple branded ones are the nylon with velcro - with them you also have a complete loop all the time, and the velcro is just how you tighten it to snug it up around your wrist, so again harder to lose accidentally since even if the velcro unfastens it has to get over your hand too. (Though I think that'd be easier than the elastic since the nylon loop, open, is bigger.)

I haven't seen any of the newer straps in person though - they do look interesting.

Back
Top Bottom