Thread on IWKA tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaalblake

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, after the success I had in confirming the thread size on a Faber tank I have (another post) I am now trying to do the same with an IWKA steel tank. IWKA are out of business apparently so no help there :(
Tanks is a UK tank marked:

IWKA 0-761 EB581
BS5045/1/CM/S
TUV 1.5
TARE WT 13.14KG WC 10.0L PZ
WP 228 BAR TP 397 BAR

I *think* the valve is 3/4 BSP - but am hoping someone can confirm? Tank is definitely pre-1994 - but I cant find a manufacturing date anywhere. Its all in test and good (I've been getting it tested without issues for 20 years) but has a yoke valve and I've moved to DIN. Its a pain using adaptors. Want to buy a DIN valve but need to be sure I am getting the right one. Neck is NOT marked M25 (which I understand it should be if it uses that thread?) and I'm assuming that as a UK tank it would not be 3/4 NSP. (US thread)

Thanks
Al

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2013 at 04:23 PM ----------

update - still cant find the manufacture date but found an early test of 4-85, so its at least that old.

Back
Top Bottom