Thoughts on the Ilikai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found a condo with an ocean view on the 16th floor of the Ilikai for a pretty good price. The only thing I know about this area is that the Ala Moana shopping center is close by which is nice since they have many upscale shops that we don't have in Alaska and I can go shopping at night.

I vaguely recall this area, though. Is it a nice place to stay? I heard that there was construction going on at the hotel.

Is there a market nearby to buy groceries. I'd like to eat in a few nights and save money. We wont' have a car.

Any insider information for me?

Thanks again
Irene

it is right on the Ala Moana Harbor, You'll have a great view for the Friday night fireworks, a couple of blocks away there is a grocery store, a nice selection of restaurants, Bus stops, walking distance to Ala Moana where there are another nice selection of restaurants. It was Jack Lords favorite hotel and you can see it in the starting clip of Hawaii 5-O

it is right on the Ala Moana Harbor, You'll have a great view for the Friday night fireworks, a couple of blocks away there is a grocery store, a nice selection of restaurants, Bus stops, walking distance to Ala Moana where there are another nice selection of restaurants. It was Jack Lords favorite hotel and you can see it in the starting clip of Hawaii 5-O

I remember that clip. Hated the show, though. I was young and into Sci Fi not crime dramas. But it was my first glimpse of Hawaii and I knew I would visit it someday. This will be my 4th trip to the islands.

Thanks for the info. I think I will rent this condo. In the photos they sent me it looks very nice. A bit smaller than I'm used to but very nice and has a big lanai to dry gear on. For an extra $30 a day I get this condo with a full kitchen and laundry facilities instead of a hotel room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom